20 YEARS OF WILD ROCK from Page on Vimeo.

The Wild Rock name came up at about 3am when Scott and Kieran were driving a clapped out ‘82 Chevette with one wiper blade in snowstorm on the way home from a climbing trip to the T-Wall in Tennessee in winter 1992.

Two 24-year-old lads, Kieran Andrews, a professional ski and climbing bum, and Scott Murison, a climbing and telemark major with a minor Bachelor of Commerce degree, launched Wild Rock Outfitters in the fall of 1992.  Kieran and Scott started small, with a 900 square foot store on George Street in downtown Peterborough.

In 1997, they purchased their present location on Charlotte St, the old bingo hall (previously an A&P grocery store originally built in 1938) and gutted and renovated it.

In March 2003 they launched a new category offering professional and friendly service and sales for mountain, road and hybrid bikes.  Bike Werks was developed when Scott and Kieran took on two new partners in the business, Dave Woodfine and long-time employee Jonathon Moreno.  With a newly renovated space in the Wild Rock Outfitters store, Bike Werks provides a fantastic selection of bikes and accessories for anyone interested in two-wheeled adventure. So natural was the fit that eventually the Bike Werks name was dropped and Wild Rock became the place we know today!

Since then the Wild Rock crew has been busting their butts trying to be the best little privately owned store relevant to the outdoor athlete and enthusiast.